This programme aims to improve the quality of teaching and learning from pre-primary through to secondary level in schools across Europe.
It will provide opportunities for people working in school education to develop their professional skills and to work together with partners in Europe. Activities support the sharing of good practice and testing of innovative approaches that address shared challenges, such as early school leaving or poor levels of basic skills. Activities can foster links with the world outside school and other fields of education and training. It involves;
Opportunities for staff to undertake European professional development activities abroad, including:
- Structured courses or training;
- Teaching assignments;
- Job shadowing or observations.
Cooperation between schools or other organisations:
- Establish international strategic partnerships to co-operate on issues of shared interest.
Cooperation between schools (eTwinning)
- Teachers can network and run joint classroom projects with colleagues in Europe, access learning resources and take part in professional development opportunities.
The following organisations in participating countries can take part:
- Schools (pre-primary through to secondary level);
- Local and regional institutions that are responsible for school education;
- Anyone active in the field of school education (some activities are reserved to schools and local/regional authorities).
For further information see: Erasmus+ School Education