Please click here for the presentation of Erasmus Student Mobility Programme which is in Turkish.
Please click here for the presentation of Erasmus Student Mobility Programme which is in English.
The programme is open to the following countries:
Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Croatia, Malta, Cyprus and Turkey.
To participate in the ERASMUS+/ERASMUS Student Mobility Programme, you must fulfil the following conditions:
• You are a student and enrolled in a formal programme of study at higher education level leading to a degree or a diploma (including doctoral level) in one of the participating countries.
• You are a citizen of one the participating countries (or are recognised as having an official status of refugee or stateless person or permanent resident).
• You have completed at least the first year of your university studies
Within the ERASMUS+/ERASMUS Student Mobility programme, you can spend between three months and 12 months (two semesters) in a European partner university. In general, students spend either the first or the second semester, or a whole year abroad. Academic calendars can vary in different universities.
Rules for Erasmus Exchange:
1. Selected students receive Erasmus grants which partially cover their expenses abroad. The transfer of grants is arranged by Yasar University and the students are required to sign a contract with YU accepting the conditions of the Erasmus grants.
2. Erasmus students pay their tuition at Yasar University and are exempt from tuition at the partner university. No fees (for tuition, registration, examinations, access to laboratory and library facilities etc.) have to be paid to the host institution. However, Erasmus students are responsible for all their living and personal costs during their exchange period spent at the partner university. Small fees may be charged for costs, such as insurance, student unions, the use of photocopiers, laboratory products etc., on an equal basis with local students.
3. Scholarships and other financial facilities are not interrupted or reduced during the students transfer to another University, even if he/she is receiving a Erasmus program scholarship at the same time.
4. Erasmus grant is intended as a contribution towards your travel and some of the extra living costs you may incur. The amount of the Erasmus grant varies based on country group.
5. Erasmus Students have to take a course load ideal 30 ECTS credits and may take – and minimum 20 ECTS and maximum 35 ECTS per semester. (you may take maximum 40 ECTS per semester if you have failed courses from previous year)
6. The predicted exchange period is three months minimum and a full academic year maximum. In general, students spend either the first or the second semester, or a whole year abroad. Academic calendars can vary in different universities.
7. Students are subject to the rules and regulations of the partner university during their study of exchange period abroad.
8. Erasmus students are individually responsible for applying and obtaining their own visa and residence permit. Yasar University International Office assists the students to provide information about basic arrangements concerning the visa and residence permit. The related fees are required to be paid by the student.
9. The partner university assigns an advisor who will help the Erasmus exchange student about his/her registration.
10. The accommodation may be arranged by the Host University if it is possible. As the Partner University has no responsibility to arrange the accommodation, they can assist you in finding a place to reside during your study. This mainly falls under the responsibility of the exchange student. It is recommended that if there is a possibility to provide accommodation by the Host University, get in contact with the unit of the host university that deals with accommodation, follow carefully the deadlines and submit the necessary forms on time. The cost for accommodation belongs to the exchange student.
11. Students must have a health insurance policy which is valid for the host country of study. The insurance policy is advised to be arranged by the students before departure. The related fees of health insurance are to be paid by the student.
12. Erasmus students must return to their home universities at the end of the Erasmus exchange period and complete their degree at their home university. At the end of the exchange period, the partner university provides the student with a transcript which includes all the courses taken during the time spent at the host university. The decision concerning the transfer of credits and grades are taken by the Faculty Board at YU after the evaluation of the transcript and the signed copy of the Learning Agreement.
13. Credits obtained from partner university can be transferred towards graduation at Yasar on the condition of approval of relevant Yasar units.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of one of the participating countries (or be recognized as having an official status of refugee or stateless person or permanent resident).
2. Students must have completed their first year of academic study at their Home University.
3. Student should have a minimum CGPA of 2.20/4 for associate and bachelor programmes. The master and doctorate students should have a minimum CGPA of 2.5/4.00.
4. There must be an Erasmus agreement of your academic department with the applied University or the department.
5. You must get at least 60 from Erasmus Language Exam but you must get at least 70 from Erasmus Language Exam if you’re student at English Language and Literature , Translation and Interpretation departments. The Erasmus Language Exam is a written exam. (Students do not take any oral exam)
7. The result of the exam is not a granted right and can not be claimed for following academic year. It just enables the students to apply only for that call.
Required Documents for Erasmus Application
1. Application Form (application form will be available at http://applyerasmus.yasar.edu.tr)
Application period: 19.01.2017-02.02.2017 (until 17:00 pm)
English Language Exam Date: 10.02.2017
2. Transcript of Records in English (Official Grade Summary from Student Affairs is acceptable)
3.CV (in Europass format)
4. Headshot Photo for online application form (when filling the application form, please first upload your passport size photo to the online application form before submitting and printing the application form)
5. If you have TOEFL, IELTS, YDS score you can add the official score into your application documents to check for its equivalency.
Applications (all required documents) will be submitted to Erasmus department coordinators between 19.01.2017-02.02.2017 (until 17:00 pm). You can learn your department coordinator from the Coordinators part of the website.
The number of selected students depends on the quota allowed by the Turkish National Agency for Erasmus student mobility.
The selection criteria of the beneficiary students are mainly as follows:
1. Academic Performance: Success at the courses taken at YU. (50 %)
2. Language Performance: Proficiency in English or being competent at the language of instruction at the partner university.(50 %)
«-10 Point» rule is implemented in the selection of a student for each mobility previously participated (with grant or without grant).
Ways to follow (After you are being selected as Erasmus Student):
• Read the eligibility and application requirements for Erasmus Programme carefully.
Contact International Office about your intention to participate in Erasmus Programme and take relevant information packages in order to learn more about Erasmus Programme.
• Consult with your department about your intention and selection of the university.
• Submit the all required application documents to International Office not later than the announced deadline.
• Always be in contact with International Office who will help you at every stage of your participation to the Erasmus Programme and do most of the official arrangements.
• Decide your university where you will study as Erasmus student. Always consult with your department coordinator and International Office . Please visit each partners web sites carefully. Your courses has to be equivalent with the host university. If there is a problem about courses you should urgently consult with your department coordinator for a new partner.
• Collect detailed information about the partner university. You can visit their web sites, contact with other Erasmus students from different universities and web groups.
• Check the Academic Calendar of the host university
• Complete your Application Forms, Transcript of Records and Learning Agreement in consultation with your department Erasmus coordinator and International Office nter. Submit your duly signed forms before the deadline announced by the host university.
• Complete any necessary other forms from the host university, including accommodation forms and Language forms.
• If the host university does not offer accommodation, act as earlier as possible to arrange your accommodation. You can have support of Yasar University International Office for previous experiences and relevant web sites where you can check for accommodation.
• Receive the Information Package and Letter of Acceptance from the partner University.
• Apply for a student visa at the local consulate of the host country, start to collect the documents as soon as possible.
• Make your travel and health insurance.
• Check the flight options and dates.
• Open a bank account (euro account) in the relevant bank that International Office will indicate you.
•Attend to the Online Language Exam held by European Commission. Students who will attend to Erasmus program (except speaking in their mother tongue), will be subject to an online language exam before and after the mobility. These exams are applied in different six languages which are German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch. If the student doesnt’t complete the first language exam, it is not possible to sign a contract with the student and accordingly students are not sent abroad.
• Participate to Erasmus Orientation Seminar for Outgoing Students (Obligatory)
• Sign your Erasmus Contract.
• Make sure to make your renewal of registration by Yasar Student Affairs before departure.
*** Deadline for LA Change form is 1 month after your departure.
|COUNTRY TYPES WITH REGARDS TO COST OF LIVING||HOST COUNTRIES||MONTHLY GRANTS (€)|
|1.Group Programme Countries||Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, , United Kingdom||500|
|2.Group Programme Countries||Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Southern Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain||400|
|3.Group Programme Countries||Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia||300|