This programme aims to improve the quality of vocational education and training across Europe, providing opportunities for vocational students and staff to undertake traineeships abroad. It will help vocational education and training institutions to build strategic partnerships with other organisations and businesses to establish close links between education and training and the world of work.
Overall, it will help to improve employability and life skills for individuals and contribute to the competitiveness of the European economy. It involves;
Opportunities for vocational students, trainees and apprentices to undertake a placement abroad, including in:
- A company or other work place (e.g. public organisation or NGO);
- Vocational school with periods of work-based learning in a company.
Opportunities for staff to undertake European professional development activities, including:
- Job shadowing or observations;
- Teaching assignments.
Cooperation between institutions:
- Exchange best practices and innovative ideas;
- Implement the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET); and European Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training (EQAVET);
- Development and delivery of new vocational teaching and training materials;
- Cooperation between vocational education and training providers and business communities;
- Cooperation between different sectors to share knowledge.
Cooperation with business:
- Design and deliver curricula to meet the needs of the labour market;
- Targeted sharing of results to vocational education and training policy makers, enterprises and advisors.
Who can participate in Leonardo da Vinci?
The following organisations in participating countries can take part:
- Vocational schools and vocational education and training (VET) providers;
- Enterprises, social partners and other representatives of working life, including chambers of commerce and other trade organisations;
- Any organisation active in the field of VET
- Those organisations responsible for VET policy making and decision making
For further information see: Erasmus+ Vocational Education and Training